WHY CLEAN YOUR
DUCTS & DRYER VENTS
CLOTHES DRYER VENT CLEANING
Benefits of Dryer Vent Cleaning:
Lint buildup inside your dryer and dryer vents reduces airflow and prevents your dryer from drying your clothes properly. Reduced airflow caused by lint buildup is inefficient and unsafe, as it can lead to:
- A carbon monoxide back up (gas dryers only)
- Longer drying times
- Costly utility bills
- Higher operating temperatures
- Dryer component failures
- A house fire
- A shorter overall lifespan for your dryer
Dryer vents should be cleaned every one to three years- something most families never even think about! Not getting the vents cleaned adds to the risk of a home fire.
There are several warning signs your immediately:
- If you need to restart your dryer … your vent is clogged!
- Look for condensation around the machine. This means your dryer is retaining moisture rather than properly dispersing it through the vents.
- Have you noticed a burning smell during the drying cycle? This is a dangerous indicator showing there’s enough lint blocking the vent to combust.
- Your dryer lint screen is catching debris unevenly or not at all. If lint seems to collect on one side or has stopped collecting, this is a good sign of a clog or blockage because your airflow has been stopped.
- If your dryer feels hot to the touch. A dryer is supposed to contain the heat it creates. If the machine is hot to the touch, the vent is almost certainly blocked.
- If you notice a moldy smell from the dryer, the moisture is not exiting the dryer properly.
- Excessive lint behind the dryer means there is a leak in the dryer.
- Lint around the door means the air is not properly exiting the dryer through the vent.
AIR DUCT CLEANING
Benefits of Commercial Air Duct Cleaning:
The indoor working environment air quality is a serious concern even for commercial and industrial businesses. To ensure that the working environment is clean and free of potential hazards, clean your air ducts regularly in order to:
- Reduce employee sick time
- Reduce HVAC costs by increasing efficiency
- Improve office comfort
- Reduce the threat of “Sick Building Syndrome”
- Cleaning services regularly to reduce your heating and cooling energy costs by as much as 11%.
Benefits of Residential Air Duct Cleaning:
Pollutants such as chemical fumes, bacteria, viruses, mold, fungi, and dust mites (parts/feces) are among the many contaminates among floating in indoor air that can cause an allergic reaction and infection diseases.
- Up to 40% less heating and cooling energy wasted.
- Routine air duct cleaning can help stop the spread of diseases, including salmonella, strep, and legionnaire’s disease.
- Stop the hospitable environment for mold growth
- Allows better airflow – causing your equipment to work more efficiently.
- Significant improvement in indoor allergies
When you should Do Air Duct Cleaning:
- After remodeling projects. Sawdust, drywall dust, nails, etc. gets stuck in the ductwork. Cleaning removes these materials from your indoor air system.
- Households with pets often have more dirt in the air and therefore in the ductwork. Pet hair and pollen can become trapped in the ductwork.
- Did you just move into a new home? We highly recommend cleaning the ducts as you won’t know what might be stuck in the ductwork.